01 August 2016

Pieces of Time – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I hate (yes that is a strong word) money.  Loving it leads to evil.  The problem is that money is the object we use to conduct transactions for food, shelter, and clothing.  It is what we recognize as our bartering chips.  Money is what we use to buy things.

This system causes us to disconnect from what really happens.  I work at a job.  I perform tasks and in exchange for those tasks I am given money.  The piece of this that we fail to see is that what we really do is this:  Everything we get is bought with pieces of time.  The time I put in at work gives me the object that I use to buy things.  In short, I exchange pieces of my life for things. 

In this mindset I must ask then for what am I exchanging today?  I must consider them that for which I exchange my life.  My physical life is finite.  It has an expiration date that is not given to me.  In light of that it is vital for me to redeem time in a way that makes me worthy of it.

I must ponder that for which I will trade my life.  I must assure that each day is one for which I can retire from having used it well.  I must do this out of joy for life and my love for Christ.  I will spend some time pondering how I use my pieces of time.  If you choose to spend the time with me Dear Reader I hope you offer some questions or insight.  I treasure the time you share with me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment