14 August 2016

Of Mice and Men – Varsity Blues

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday we stopped at the original Varsity Restaurant for lunch, This world class drive in had be best chili dogs I have ever had.  Pairing then with amazing onion rings is a wise and glorious thing.   Washing it down a frosted orange is divine. 

Today we arrive at the resort.  The journey is reminding me why I no longer live in the South.  The heat and humidity are both assaulting me relentlessly.  My head is tired and words do not easily form today.     

It is the anticipation that keeps me moving.   Is occurs to me that the true nature of our motivation in life is the anticipation of things.  It is in the wanting that we find movement.  I think that this cuts both ways.  We can anticipate good things and this drives us.  We can anticipate things that are not so good and this hinders us.  Once again we are sculpted by that which we treasure. 
 
I must, therefore, align my desires with those of the Father.   If I do this he will help me desire the rights things.  I must focus on following even in the leisurely parts of the journey.    

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment