12 January 2018

A Million Dreams ~ Dreams of Future Past

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are times when I do a thing that may be the ultimate waste of time.  I muse on past events and what I could have, should have, or would have done.  The exercise in futility here is that I cannot change what has already passed.  I cannot do anything but learn from the past.

This means that walking through the event over and over again does not build my possible dreams.  It wastes creativity and mind time that could be spent on things that will last.  It wastes brain power.

The other insidious impact of this poor practice is that it sometimes taps into old emotions that I no longer need to engage.  It can set me on a path of thinking that is negative and destructive to my current day. 

It is not bad to recall things from the past.  It is dangerous for me to involve my mind too much with the emotions and failures of the past.  It is sad when I muse on the dreams that have died because of my failures.  Instead I must focus on the things I can build.  I can dream the things that are possible even if that possibility seems remote. 

I must focus my creativity and thinking on what can be and not what I wish had been if I had been something different.  “For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”  If my eye is always on the rear vision mirror I cannot really see ahead.

Living in the Past – Jethro Tull

Happy and I'm smiling
Walk a mile to drink your water
You know I'd love to love you
And above you there's no other
We'll go walking out
While others shout of war's disaster
Oh, we won't give in
Let's go living in the past

Once I used to join in
Every boy and girl was my friend
Now there's revolution, but they don't know
What they're fighting
Let us close our eyes
Outside their lives go on much faster
Oh, we won't give in
We'll keep living in the past

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment