04 January 2018

Lead versus Driven ~ Journey and Destination

Greetings Dear Reader,

Ponder for a moment all the material things the dead have taken with them.   Here is the entire list: (read this as nothing)                                  

We all know that material possessions do not travel with us the clearing beyond the path.  What I think I forget at times is that this includes positions, status, jobs, and vocations. 

We need things along the journey to sustain us.  Very few of them make the final stage of the journey with us.  Most of what will last the transition is intangible.  All of what will last has nothing to do with power, position, or possessions.

Today I travel a road unplanned driven by the wind of love and compassion.  I travel to visit friends who have lost a loved one.  I will drive for six hours to spend an hour or two with them.  It is worth it to show them that my professions of love and compassion have hands and feet.  The wind drives me to be there for them in their grief. 

The father and husband who has passed away no longer cares about things.  They are not necessary for the destination.  I cannot imagine packing a truck load of belongings for a move just to leave them on the curb at my destination.  Yet we seem to do that our entire lives.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment