06 January 2018

Lead versus Driven ~ An Apostrophe

Greetings Dear Reader,

Smee:  I've just had an apostrophe.
Captain Hook:  I think you mean an epiphany.
Smee:  No... lightning has just struck my brain.
Captain Hook:  Well, that must hurt. - HOOK

I have often thought of this quote when I leave something out or ponder the other uses of “apostrophe”.  This happens more often than you might consider.  We are a very strange lot, writers.  We think about things always and sometimes they are brilliant.

This being Epiphany or the twelfth day of Christmas, I want to put being driven in perspective.  Almost all the world will have Christmas put away today.  The clearance candy will be mostly gone from the stores.  The ugly sweaters are off the rack. 

Christmas becomes the something that is left out and by so many forgotten.  Listening to Christmas music will get you criticism and negativity.  The incarnation of Christ is what finally gave us something to follow.  It is what put hands and feet on the way in which the Father and the Law of Moses wished us to live. 

I must not leave out the true purpose of Christmas any day.  I must not forget that I follow the one who was that Christmas child.  He drives me to follow him.  He walks with me in every moment and every step.  Without the cradle there is no cross, death, or resurrections.

I must be driven to follow with all that I am.  I must not leave Christ out of any moment.  The decorations, tree, and gift boxes will be gone for a time but the vitality of the Epiphany must never have an apostrophe in any moment of my life.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment