31 January 2018

Say Something ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some time ago I started my “please share my table” practice when I am alone at coffee shops.  I have made several new friends and enjoyed the company of some single serving friendships.  I have even had two people make it clear that they were going to sit at my table but I should not talk to them.  They were in the midst of a very quiet but heated argument over car usage.

The thing that stands out relative to this particular series is the number of people who stop to tell me how nice it is that I have the sign out.  It is curious because it is so passive but people are so surprised by it.  It is nice because people take the time to comment on it. 

I benefit from their kindness in saying something but the overall impact is that I am surprised that they see it as so uncommon.  It is courteous to the shop owner.  It is courteous to the other customers.  Where has our sense of human kindness gone?

My challenge to you Dear Reader is the one I give to myself every day.  Do not let a day pass without saying something kind to someone.  Moreover, I endeavor to make it something that is unexpected or out of the ordinary.  Say something kind.  Say something positive.  Put more good words into the world.  There is enough of the other.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment