01 January 2018

Be More Aware

Happy New Year Dear Reader,

At some point in our lives things change without warning.  We may be in the midst of things that seem so very important.  Our plans may be grand and hour hopes high.  Then we get that phone call or knock at the door.

My beloved friend’s J and L got such a call yesterday.  L’s father passed away on the final day of 2017.  I met him only a few times and know that L loved her father dearly.  Their family has already had great loss this year.  Their lives have not begun to recover from it.

I love these dear friends and long to comfort them.  More importantly I want to be aware that today is not a happy day for everyone.  The new year dawns for some with sadness, sorrow, and loss.  My prayer is happiness for everyone but I must be more aware that the sudden sorrow of others is not something I can ignore.

This family faces the long journey “home” to bury a father and grandfather.  There are journeys in the journey where it is hard to find joy.  We must be aware of the needs of those around us.  The sorrow of others is not an intrusion on us.  It is the opportunity to show love and compassion that can lead to hope.  It is the chance we have to remember that there is always a need for our hearts to be in tune with the needs of others. 

J, L, JT, I love you and am here for you.  I extend that standard to all who sorrow today.  Do not ignore or hide your grief.  It is not something you can schedule.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment