21 January 2018

The Child who was Never Born ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I going to walk through a mine field in hopes of creating some better understanding for my own faith and following.  This is one of those discussions I do not often have with others because it almost always leads to arguments, strife, and dissension.  First let me lay down some ground rules and a reminder of two.

First the ground rules:
  • I do not ever intend to nor will I participate in condemning someone for what has already been done.  It is in the past and, therefore, prologue to what matters.  There are consequences for our past choices and lessons to be learned.  For me to condemn anyone for his or her past is to neglect my own failures and the ripples of consequence that echo into this moment and onward.
  • Remarks that are anything but reasonable discussion will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
  • Personal attacks are heinous and will be deleted.
  • You do not have to agree with me but you must be reasonable and civil.
Reminders:
  • This blog is my space to work through the things I ponder about following Christ.
  • It is never me telling anyone else how to live.
  • I welcome opposing views.
  • I love you even if you hate me.

With those covered I will stop being cryptic.   My spirit is very burdened over the issue of abortion/choice/reproductive rights in our nation.  I am going to think through this to make sure that I know what I think and why.  I am going to weigh in on some things and I am going to analyze some data.  I am going to say some things as a conservative (not the type that one thinks) Christ follower that may anger other conservatives (specifically the type that one thinks).  That is not my wish but must be acknowledged as a possibility.

I want to thank my beloved friend Lyric for the moment that made it clear to me that I had to address this.  She posted an article that I will reference later in an attempt to give accurate apologia for my position.

I am going to journey through this on several fronts.  I need your company as I am determined to do so without attacking anyone.  If I say things that you do not like please take a beat before assuming that I hate anyone.  I do not.  Please journey with me Dear Reader.  If this is too much for you I understand.  I promise to respond with kindness to every comment.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment