18 April 2018

Creation, Recreation, and Procreation ~ Creation Part 2


Greetings Dear Reader,

It is interesting that whilst we await the weather we associate with spring that the local channels are calling for another few inches of snow.  The snow is a frustration for many and too wet for snow lovers.  If one is to keep one’s spirit it may take creativity.

This brings me to the thought that we are supposed to be creators.  Tolkien put it that we are to be sub-creators.  When I taught a course on creative teaching for many years I would encourage my students to always create.  We need to do this.

We are to find creative ways to express our hearts and minds.  We are meant to think new thoughts and try new things.  It is in us as created beings to emulate our Creator.  I realize that some of you just laughed at me.  That is understandable.  One of the places we need to be more creative is in the harmonization of faith and science.  As with most things we can surely work together to find truth if we are creative about our methods and keep our integrity.

Not only do we need to be creative as problem solvers in our world.  We need to create art, music, and words that motivate and inspire.  We need to create beauty in the world that reminds us why we are different from other living things.  This is one of the reasons I write.  It is why I dabble in music.  It is why I do not try to draw or paint. 

As we wait for creation to exhibit the weather we desire we must continue to create that which shows the beauty of life.  I must work daily to live out my role as a sub-creator using the gifts that I have.  Neglecting them is a waste of time.   It is the failure to use time that I am given. 

As I journey toward another spring I hope that I use the resurgence of life to be more creative.  I wish to be renewed in the return of life to the world.  I also need to remember that the other half of my world is in Autumn and that life is going dormant for them in many ways.  I must create so that they have something to savor in their long cold winter.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment