03 April 2018

Memories and Forgiveness ~ Past Offenses


Greetings Dear Reader,

There exist events in my past where people intentionally hurt me deeply.  They chose to do harm to me.  They worked it out and decided that their desire was more important than right and good. 

I have worked through most of the pain and damage.  I have learned how faith and following Christ can heal.  At times I even catch a glimpse of how the wrongs lead to greater good. 

What I battle is the unbidden thoughts of anger that sometimes arise unbidden.  A memory or a moment will set off the old rage that lurks deep inside me.  I have to battle it back then remind my heart to forgive always.  The memory and anger do not mean that I have not forgiven.  It does mean that in the moment I must forgive again if necessary.

Every painful memory is our opportunity to forgive even when we cannot forget.  The action for me must be daily if necessary.  Further I find that I must engage at times with the perpetrators of my pain.  I must do so with my whole heart.  I must do so with love and compassion.

If I learn to see those who wrong me as in need of love and compassion perhaps the pain lessens.  Even if it does not, doing what is right is a very healing action.  The memories of wrongs done to me can become motivation to do more that is good. I may have painful memories but they can stoke the fire of kindness and right if I allow it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment