10 April 2018

I Can Only Imagine ~ The Departed


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have mentioned that there are those who have already reached the end of this journey who I long to see again.  The first that come to mind are my Grandfather, my Sister, and my Daughter.  There are others.  Other family members that have gone on and absent friends. 

This is one of those areas where we do not know what really happens.  Death is not the end.  To die is to be directly present with the Father.  We do know that.  We know that things will not get really rolling until Jesus returns to make all things good again.

It is not given to us what the departed are doing whilst waiting for things to play out.  I do not think we will be sitting around singing endless praises for all eternity.  The Father is just too creative for that.  We will be able to do this if it is what we wish.  Remember, however, that even in Eden we had work to do by tending the Garden. 

Anyone telling you that they have it all worked out is mistaken.  I do not think that they watch us.  There is no sorrow there and I know when I fail it would bring sorrow to my family.  I am sure there is much more about which I have no idea.

I know that whatever the Father has in store for us it will be amazing.  My Grandfather used to talk with me about it often.  He would also say he did not know what Jesus was up to but he looked at it this way:  If God made such a beautiful world as ours in seven days, then I needed to consider the time.   Jesus said he was going to prepare a place for us and he has been working on it for 2000 years.  Let that sink in for a bit.  I can only imagine.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment