21 April 2018

Creation, Recreation, and Procreation ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

One could feel the difference in the air yesterday as the temperatures turned from snow to sun and warmth.  Most of the snow that fell on Wednesday has melted but the places with constant shade still have small patches covering them.  The warmth of the sun in my Volkswagen had that quality that gently removes winter coats and opens sun roofs.

In the stream of constant creation my part of the world sheds its blanket of cold.  I see buds and birds that make me remember how life keeps going forward.  So many see the Robin as the sign of spring.  For me it is the Red Winged Blackbird.  I find them lovely and daring.  They perch atop reeds and cattails in dance of balance and beauty.

All over the northern hemisphere creation awakens, people rush to outdoor recreation.  Plants and animals are busy at procreation.  We will soon see buds, berries, and flowers everywhere.  The farmer’s market is open and baseball is in full swing. 

In the midst of all this life I need to remember that I am also constant creation.  I am being renewed in every moment.  In the long term I am being recreated and refined.  I will eventually be completed when my journey is done.  Until then I need to embrace all that life is and procreate good things in others. 

It is in this constant creation from the Father that moves us along the path to home.  In our death-based ecosystem we pursue life.  It is in the relationship with the Father that we find the deepest essence of that life.  I must allow him to remake, RE-create me into what he designed me to be.  All of life is better with this in mind.

Doulos – Kemper Crabb

You are my God
And I am your man
I will follow you
With the work of my hand
And the thoughts of my mind
And the love of my heart

If the world could know
If they could understand
Ah, the exquisite touch
Of the Creator's hand
Brings a blur to my eye
But makes my vision clear

Ring, rainbow ring
Encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love
Around your own
A golden ring to show
Just where I stand
A ring that binds my heart
Into your hand

And looking back across the years
I can see that you were constantly there
Constant creation
That’s what I am
As you are making me into your man

Here is my ear
Drive through the nail
The world will know
By the ring that I wear
That I am not for sale
For you are my God
And I am your man

Ring, rainbow ring
Encircles the throne
Fiery ring of love
Around your own
A golden ring to show
Just where I stand
A ring that binds my heart
Into your hand

For You are my God
And I am your man

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment