29 July 2018

The Element of Indifference


Greetings Dear Reader,

I had a conversation recently about how important it is not to be unkind to others.  She realized that she was treating a coworker in a very mean way.  This week when I spoke to her she said that she had gone all week without being mean to the aforementioned coworker.

She went on to tell me that the coworker asked why she was mad.  As we continued the conversation my friend explained that she was not mad but rather she was indifferent.  Sometimes or maybe always indifference is actually aggression.  Whether passive or active, being indifferent requires the withholding of good positive interaction. 

One must practice indifference to achieve it.  That is an aggressive act.  If I am indifferent to the needs of others I am doing harm.  Withholding kindness is to do intentional harm.  In a world where we are required to be recognized by our love for each other there is no room for indifference.

We would not withhold food from someone who is starving but we walk in a world where people are hungry for kindness.  We cannot afford to treat anyone with indifference.  It robs others of hope and love.

It is not enough for me to not do evil.  I must actively do good.  I cannot be indifferent to anyone.  I must do everything I can to show kindness and love to others.  Indifference is aggression done with subtlety.   Kindness must be given with intent.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment