15 July 2018

That’s All I Gonna Say Right Now ~ Too Many Words


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have been downsizing my library of late.  My goal is to reduce it by half.  As I work through what to lose and keep something occurred to me that had not.  I sit here spinning out my thoughts and tales so easily because I have a computer.  So many of the books I have were written before there were computers.  Many of those were created before the typewriter.

Even my earliest writings were done on a typewriter.  When I consider the works of writers like Charles Dickens I see the many hours of penning tales, restarts, and then typesetting to create the newspaper in which the story was forged or the book to be published. 

Anyone can write what he or she wishes and throw it out on the blogosphere for others to read or ignore.  It is too easy to say too much.  It takes no discipline to rant about anything for pages.  I often wish to do this.  The discipline is to say what needs saying and do so lovingly, politely. 

I do not need to trample on anyone to express my thoughts and questions.  I would prefer to have the real-life conversations in person so that I can listen as well as communicate.  It is easy to use too many words.

As I work to craft my novels I fill in detail and descriptions to extend the experience for you Dear Reader.  Here I aim to be brief out of respect for your precious time.  I would be honored to hear a word or two from you.  I will keep it brief so that I make space to listen.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment