17 July 2018

That’s All I Gonna Say Right Now ~ Homebound Henry



Greetings Dear Reader,

“Homebound Henry's got a tumor in his head
He wakes up every morning after dreaming he was dead
He used to think that life was boring, but now that's not the case
He turns to his wife in the evening, he says ‘Honey I'm afraid I'm gonna lose this race.’"

This first verse of the song I chose as my springboard into this always haunts me a little.  I know people who are facing terminal or chronic disease and pain.  I also know the long-term impact of nightmares on our ability to cope. Pain and trauma impede our hope and too often others just do not understand.

I know that even talking about the maladies that I face is uncomfortable for me.  I do not wish to complain or burden others with carrying my pack.  I also know that when I do not address my needs I slip into unhealthy ways of dealing with them. 

We need to be more compassionate to the ongoing pain of others.  There is a balance between enabling their weakness related to it and not showing the needed kindness.  We must not let pain be our banner but we must also care about the pain of others.  I have friends who suffer daily from emotional, mental, or physical pain.  Some of those with physical maladies have a clock on their lives. 

Since we are all on the same journey and is not a race, it does not harm us to be more compassionate and caring.  We lose nothing when we invest kindness in the hurt of others.  I would wager that instead we gain.  My obligation is not to get “my needs” met.  It is to care for others and trust that my needs will get met. 

Again, I find that following Christ is not about me.  It is about being sure that I am compassionate and loving others at any cost.  When I focus on my own pain and needs I turn inward.  That is not how we are designed, but that is all I am going to say right now. I do not want to say too much.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment