14 July 2018

“That’s All I Gonna Say Right Now” ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

There comes a time when we must all choose.  What we choose always matters and there are ripples, reverberations, and repercussions.  Some things can be healed or mended.  Words can never be recalled.

We go through the process.  We feel, think, and speak.  We judge and condemn.  We become angry, make assumptions, and harbor opinions that damage those we love and our own spirits.  As we sink deeper into the things that harm us we speak lies and do harm.  I still carry the echoes of words said to me when what I needed what an ear and some kindness.

We know that we need help and we summon the courage to speak.  We seek out someone and take the risk.  Then, all that person does is talk, advise, and fail.  They do not see that we need someone to just listen.  We need them to listen with heart and spirit and be with us.

Recent events have required that I confront that heart.  I am a very good listener when I remember to listen.  Sometimes, however, I get mired in my own thoughts and feelings and forget that I am supposed to be that good listener.  A series of serious events have reminded me that I need to constantly sharpen this blade.  If I do not I become dull of hearing and fail to be of good use to others.

I intend to spend some time delving into this.  I intend to listen to the things others say and form a better strategy for helping.  This week has included death, tragedy, and pain that impact me deeply.  As I see how things unfold I realize just how little I can do other than be there. 

Please walk with me Dear Reader.  Tell me what you want me to listen for.  I know that I must become more aware of the flood of love that awaits us all in a world that works so hard to hold it back.  That is all I am going to say right now.  I don't want to say too much.  Sweet river, roll.    

Sweet River Roll – Waterdeep

Homebound Henry's got a tumor in his head
He wakes up every morning after dreaming he was dead
He used to think that life was boring, but now that's not the case
He turns to his wife in the evening, he says "Honey I'm afraid I'm gonna lose this race."

Sweet River, roll all over me
Sweet River, roll all over me 

Soaking wet Juliet- she lives in a well full of tears
Her husband left her for some bimbo after twenty-two years
Now she's got to start all over, but she's just so terrified
She thinks it woulda been so much easier if he woulda just died 

Sweet River, roll all over me
Sweet River, roll all over me 

And I'm lookin out my car window sittin' in the pouring rain
Although your house is fifteen miles away, I can still feel your pain
I've thought and prayed and worked it through about a hundred times or more
How your soul just cries to everyone to help you get up off the floor 

Right now it's morning, you're probably totally unaware
Of the flood of kisses you hold back by the way that you despair
It ain't me I'm talking about here, or anybody else you can touch
That's all I want to say right now, I don't want to say too much…

Except Sweet Jesus, roll all over me
Sweet Jesus, roll all over me...
You gotta come down and just set me free

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment