05 July 2018

Summer Celebrations ~ Baseball


Greetings Dear Reader,

I understand that not all of you enjoy baseball.  I care about this and hope that someone starts a support group for this deficit in your life.  I, however, love it.  I do so in balance most of the time.

Yesterday I was out of balance.  I sat through oppressive heat and humidity to watch my team lose badly.  I was primarily there to watch my Grandsons sing the Seventh Inning Stretch.  Brats (the sausage, not a negative reference to my Grandsons), burgers, and beer helped ease the torpid weather.  My love of baseball did the rest.

This is a good baseball year thus far.  Both my beloved Braves and the local Mallards are doing well.  I have not attended many hot humid games since I was a boy in Atlanta.  Then I was acclimated to it; not so now. 

Still I find such beauty and grace in the sport.  No one is trying to physically harm anyone.  The competition is honest and changes daily.  Every single moment of the game can change the momentum and outcome.  There is always hope until the last out.  I have seen a team, down by 14 runs in the bottom of the ninth inning rally and win.  There is always hope.

We need hope.  We increasingly need more if it daily as the world around us grows dark.  From April to October I take in the daily reminder of hope provided by baseball.  I see that every pitch carries opportunity just as every moment does in our lives.  Those who find the game boring have not seen past the activity to the beauty of its philosophy.

You can catch a bit of this philosophy in the chapter “The Mound” in Sheetrock on the Road.  For now, I will say that this summer celebration of potential still has much to teach me about faith and following Christ.  Feel free ask to me more about both Dear Reader.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment