10 July 2018

Won’t You be My Neighbor ~ All Colors


Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems that the simple things get in the way of good neighbors.  We allow our minds to follow things that we know are neither logical nor just.  The idea of being racist is appalling to us.  Yet at some level we still fail to see past color.

I am not talking about those who are intentionally prejudicial to the races different from their own.  They have another set of problems that I will not address here.  I am focused on the discipline of fighting off inherited assumptions or rejecting false stereotypes.

We do this no matter what the color of our skin.  We hear the words that others speak and may not intentionally adopt them.  The problem comes when those thoughts resurface unbidden.  We think the thing we would not and then have to push it away.

Because of the way our culture is we must keep our un-neighborly thoughts captive.  We can only hope to be good neighbors if we constantly think well of others.  We can recognize wrong without relegating it to foolish assumptions or generalizations.  We need to remember that all color based stereotypes, good or bad are improper.   

I will not lie and claim that these thoughts do not try to enter my mind.  What I will always do is fight them.  I will analyze what triggers them and kill the association.  I will look at everyone as a part of the human race.  I will do what it takes to treat people with love and kindness.  I will invite them to be my neighbor. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment