28 February 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Ten – Judging Others




Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

I can judge others so harshly sometimes.  I can be completely blind to the roof joist sticking out of my own eye whilst trying to remove the speck of saw dust in someone else’s.  The problem is that when I judge others I also fail to be kind to them.

I definitely do not treat them the way I wish to be treated once I have passed judgment on them.  When I judge someone else I rush right pass the commandments to love God and my neighbor.  I must instead see the faults of others in the light of their need for compassion and love.  When I have done wrong I want to be loving spoken to about how to be restored.  If this is what I wish then I need for others to see that from me. 

There are things that are wrong.  It not judgmental to call what is wrong “wrong” but it is sin for me to think anything that unloving about the individual doing the wrong.   It is unkind for me to want anything but Christ’s best for another.  When I indulge in thinking less of someone else I am not doing that. 

Every moment is precious.  Every thought matters.  I need to use each of them to think well of others and desire that they see Christ clearly.  Anything less is sin.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment