15 October 2013

A Beautiful Moment

Greetings Dear Reader,

For the unfamiliar there is a game.  It is called Magic the Gathering.  It is a collectible card game.  Some like it and some do not.  Some obsess over it and some think it is evil.  I enjoy it and it is a touchstone place with my eldest Son, Maxim.  He and I discovered the game together when we were both younger.  It was “our” time together.

This weekend we were over to his place for dinner.  Raven and Christmas were playing a round and Maxim
decided he needed to make a run to our local card shop to get some cards.  He, my eldest Grandson, and I got into the car and made our way to the card shop.

As Maxim and I bought our packs of cards my Grandson saw the large bin of hero clicks and wanted one.  He picked out a robot and I gave him the money to pay the attendant.  As we made our way back to the car both my Son and I saw the import of the moment.  We had made a nighttime journey together, the three of us, to get Magic cards. 

I love my Son and my Grandson so much.  I hope we pass on other things together but this was a beautiful moment for us.  Thank you Son.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment