02 October 2013

Dormant Faith – Sequestered Areas

Greetings Dear Reader,

It seems that many things in our culture force us to compartmentalize our lives.  I have great difficulty with this in various ways.  In much of society we are allowed to be ourselves only to a certain degree.  This compartmentalization is not really healthy.

Who we are is what the world needs.  Instead the world decides that the who is not acceptable in some ways and so must behave differently.  We call it political correctness or socially acceptable behavior.   We make up rules that set a level of comfort that we deem acceptable.

It is not that we do not need some boundaries in society.  It is that we use them to make ourselves better than others.  I know I do the same thing with God.  I compartmentalize a part of my life that I do not wish to subject to Christ.  This is an act of faithlessness or direct disobedience on my part.  I think that I can sequester a part of me from conforming to Christ.

The greatest failures of my life are a direct result or me thinking I can sequester my faith from an area or my life.  There is nothing that is not impacted by my faith.  If I do not do something because I am aligning it with my faith, it is sin.  There is no way to sequester things from God.  I try and fail.  Whenever I try to keep things out of the real of faith I make a part of my faith dormant.

This always hurts me and often hurts others.  In Christ is where I must live and move in order to have any measure of success that matters.  For me, anything else is an attempt to hide something that is already known.  It is only delaying that which must occur to move forward.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment