16 October 2013

What is Selfless Faith – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are some things I do that others do not understand.  There are things I do that I do not understand.  I realize that walking by faith requires this.  Faith is not blind but it also must be a following.  The entire journey is built upon that simple act of following Christ.

I proceed from the assumption that we are all on a journey to God whether we acknowledge it or not.  It is not my place to impose this journey on others or to dismiss anyone who disagrees with my presupposition.  It seems that in following Christ it is very clear that I am to have faith that is so dependent upon God that I do not need to be selfish with others.

Rather my faith is to be selfless.  I am to get out of the way so others can see Christ and his work on me.  It is never about me but I live in a world where things tell me that I am supposed to make it about me.  So what does selfless faith look like?  How do I follow and find my sustenance in Christ so that I do not need to impose my needs on others?  Where is the balance between being humble when others wish to do the same for me? 

All of these questions and more signal an excellent thing to think about whilst we journey toward the advent season.  If I can give selfless faith to my journey then I may be able to benefit others along the way.  Walk with me if you wish and as always Dear Reader, I value your input.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment