13 October 2013

Second Thoughts - Braves 2013

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

The post-season for my beloved Atlanta Braves ended last Sunday evening with their third loss to the Dodgers.  As my Son, Bezel pointed out they gave us a marvelous season.  I have been a Braves fan most of my life.  Winning or losing I just love to watch them play baseball.  I love baseball in general.  It speaks to me on a very deep level.

I am not disappointed in the team in any way.  The end of this season was marked by injuries to key players.  They gave their best even when they were not at their best.  Jason Hayward suffered a broken jaw when hit by a pitch in mid-August but still was playing his heart out by the end of September. 

I think that is one of the things that drives me as a Braves’ fan.  Win or lose they play with heart and passion.  I am determined to learn from baseball.  It is why my Grandfather introduced me to the sport.  As I mourn the loss of this season in which they looked like they could go to and win the World Series I do so with pride.  The team I love gave its best all season.  They were on top the entire year and at the sunset of this year I need just make it through the long night of winter.  Soon enough will come the new day of spring that is opening day.  

If I fail to see the blessing that this has been and only focus on the loss in post-season play then I am being selfish and ungrateful.  This is such a danger in life.  When others give me their best I must not lose sight of that cumulative best relative to the current distress.  I will instead wish my beloved Braves rest and healing with a heart full of boy-like joy for what they have already given and for what is to come in the spring dawn of opening day. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment