22 October 2013

What is Selfless Faith – Closing Thoughts?

Greetings Dear Reader,

I believe that everything I do should be informed by my faith.  All that I am and wish to become must be a reflection of my faith.  It is so easy to say that I have faith.  At times it is very difficult to live it.  At times I have forgotten that faith must be selfless not just what I have.

If I look honestly at the life of Christ I see selflessness.  I see someone who would rather die than allow me to live in the state I was in without him.  When I want what I want above the needs of others or the requirements of the Gospel then I am not living a selfless faith.

All of the things in my life: work, leisure, possessions, and well everything must be subject to my faith.  There is nothing I give up for the sake of that faith that is not still mine in Christ.  If this sounds too mystic it is one of those things that seems to only resonate from inside faith.

Those who do not believe what I do may only see the value of my beliefs as I live out selfless faith.  This is perhaps the best external motivation that there can be for me.  My prime mover, however, must be my love for Christ.  That is the thing that I must embrace in order to live out selfless faith.  I must be so determined to show Christ my love for him that all else fades for me.  When I hit the moments where I do this I must say that the journey is much sweeter.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment