30 October 2013

Second Thoughts - Things You Overhear

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I frequent a diner that is also frequented by my Sons, Maxim and Bezel.  It is a comfortable and enjoyable place to eat.  So much of my time there is spent with family enjoying good food.

Recently I was enjoying a solitary breakfast editing some writing.  One of the workers approached me and asked where my children were.  I explained that they were all working but that I hoped to see them later. 

The kind lady went on with her work and was speaking to a new employee.  She did not know that I heard what she said.  Because my computer was open to a Word document I captured what she said through a mist of proud tears.

The new employee asked, “Do we get many regular customers?”

The answer was, “Yes we do but none of them are quite like Aramis (she knows me by my real name.)  and his children.  His Sons both work with disabled people.  They are in here all the time.  I wish people took care of each other the way those two take care of their people.  They are always polite and never cause any trouble.  The short one, I don’t know if he is older or younger has two sons who are as sweet as can be.”

She went on about her work training the new girl.  She has no idea that she filled my spirit with pride and a new facet of love for my Sons.  They mean more to me than I can ever truly relate.  It honors me deeply that others view them in this way. 

As a father struggling with the ways in which he wishes he had done better by his Sons I cannot take credit for their excellence in this area.  I can, however, but a button or two as my chest swells over the beauty and grace I see in their reputation with others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful!! I am glad the special bond you share with your sons, along with their sweet spirits are noticed by those around you :).

    ReplyDelete