07 October 2013

Songs That Sustain Me – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

My Son Maxim has often told me that he uses his shower time as prayer time.  I think that is a beautiful thing.  Yesterday morning as I was singing in the shower I realized just how important morning music in my mind benefits me.  It helps me center my day.  There are certain songs; most of them ancient that flow through me when I allow it. 

This river of music reminds me what matters.  It focuses my spirit on what I am to be and to become as a follower of Christ.  Certain songs have both and enveloping melody and stone solid lyrics that remind me how to think on life and the world. My intent is to think through the impact of those songs outside of the reverie of my morning ritual.

I often walk through the lyrics of songs.  These few that I will consider are songs intended to bolster faith and spirit.  As we move toward All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day they are good things to carry as I journey.  Everything about this journey is an attempt to focus on being like Christ.  Music is very powerful in my  life and so as I walk I sing.  Sing along with me if you wish.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment