31 May 2014

On Earth as in Heaven – Work

Greetings Dear Reader,

How do I assure that my work reflects the things that are in heaven?  This was easy to ponder but seems difficult to make real.  If I have no control over how corporations or employers act.  I cannot really control anything but my own behavior.

The real answer here is to be good to everyone.  I do not need to be demanding, rude, or ungrateful.  I do not need to worry about position or status.  What must be my focus is doing the work before me with integrity and honor.  I must see the needs of those around me and meet them where I can.

Christ wishes for us to be always good to each other.  In work this translates to being kind, grateful, generous, and compassionate no matter what anyone else does.  It means walking through all pretenses to the people involved.  It means being genuine at every level.

We compartmentalize our lives in ways that keep us from doing this.  As a Christ follower I need to be the same person at work as I am anywhere else.  There is no situation at work where obeying Christ’s insistence that we be loving and good to others will not work in our favor. 

On earth as it is in heaven in my work means giving my best every day no matter what the situation.  Loving someone is not circumstantial.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment