30 June 2015

Figuring Out God – Judgement

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are things which God reserves for himself.  One of them is judgement of others.  I have to discern between right and wrong.  I have to assess what is in front of me to make wise choices.  I am not allowed to judge others or condemn them. 

There is nothing that allows me to determine someone else’s standing with God.  I may ask.  I may ponder and pray.  I may observe but God reserves to himself the right to judge us. 

Within that reservation is the balance of justice, love, grace, and mercy.  The comparison is his righteousness and holiness.  This means we all come up short.  We are all guilty before him.  The laws of God are just teachers to show us our need for him.  They are hammers for us to use on each other.

In an effort to figure out God one must realize that he will judge us as he sees fit.  We are not given a choice on that count.  We are given a way to circumvent whatever penalty is due from our failures.  God wants to deal with us in love, grace, and mercy.  First we need to see that we need it.

I must not judge.  God will.  I may be honest about how I feel concerning someone else’s condition but if that does not motivate me to love and compassion I am doing it wrong.  When I see someone overtaken by wrong I am supposed to restore them in love.  If I am judging and condemning then I cannot do that. 

If we want to understand God we cannot deny him the right to judge us as he sees fit.  We cannot act as judge on his behalf.  I must also remember that I will be judged by the standards that I use to judge others.  That alone should motivate me to great grace and mercy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment