08 June 2015

Impossible Dreams – No Win Scenario

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of my favorite moments in all the Star Trek universe is in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.  The film opens with a training crew enduring the test of the Kobayashi Maru, a no win scenario.  Kirk explains that a no win situation is an even everyone may face.  Kirk as a cadet found a unique solution that allowed him to win.  His comment is that he does not like to lose. 

If we dare to dream we will face impossible moments.  We will face impossible odds.  We will feel there are times when we cannot prevail.  I do not believe in the no win scenario.  Something must change.  It may be that I have to change the definition of winning.  It may be that I must change. 

For me winning must always be that I acted lovingly.  It must be that I was patient, kind, righteous, and good.  It is not crushing an enemy or competitor that measures victory.  It is whether my actions reflected faith and following that matters.  It is whether I love at all costs that matters.

Others will crush my impossible dreams.  Some of them will fade due to the actions of others.  Some I will destroy by my own failure.  However, the ultimate impossible dream is always a possibility.  I can choose to love in every moment.  I can choose to have faith that God will work things to his will.  It may not look like the dream I want but will always be the dream I have.

I do not believe anything can stand against the pure and focused love that is seeded in God’s love for me.  I may not get what I want.  I may have to destroy the ship.  I may pay for the party with my dearest blood.  I may lose things I can never regain.  None of that matters if my heart and actions are connected to the ultimate impossible test.  I must do what is right, loving, and good no matter how hard.  I don’t believe in the no win scenario.   I believe in turning death into a fighting chance to live.  So does God.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment