11 June 2015

Impossible Dreams – Boldly Go – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether it is Quixotic or the final frontier of space I carry within me an array of impossible dreams.  The big dream is simple.  I dream of a world free of pain and suffering.  I dream of a place where love for God and others is the only rule.

We have so far to go.  We have so much that is so wrong that must be fixed before we can even hope for Roddenberry’s vision of a peaceful planet.  I love the world he created but we can do even better.  The problem is that we get in our own way.

Every time we indulge injustice and turn away from need we cloud the dream.  We have to learn to take care of each other.  We must find a way to end hunger, homelessness, and hate.  You all know that I believe that Christ is the path to that.

My other impossible dreams involve this craft of writing, a place to shelter others, and a family that rises from its dysfunctions.   I know that if I follow Christ I can move toward these things. I must cling to the dreams or let them die if necessary to follow Christ.  The complete dream is only found in him.  I can only be what I must be to achieve my impossible dreams by following Christ with all my heart. 

My life must be centered on following Christ of my dreams are useless.  It is in Christ we live, and move, and have our being.  For me it means that my dreams, even the impossible ones must be centered on Jesus.  If I am to reach the unreachable star then I must boldly go toward Christ in every step.  No matter how hopeless or how far it seems in the moment faith and following will sustain me.

We are all on the journey to the final frontier.  Every step takes us closer to the undiscovered country.  I must go boldly to that final frontier.  I must follow in faith.  If I do then the dreams I have will be realized no matter how impossible because Christ promises to give me the desires that are his in my heart.  That is a dream worth dreaming.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment