05 June 2015

Impossible Dreams – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Tilting windmills is foolish.  After all windmills have never done anything to us.  I asked some people recently in a very unscientific and unreliable survey if they knew who the Man of La Mancha was.   Those who did only knew about the guy trying to joust with a windmill.

I am an idealist at times.  I dream impossible dreams.  I believe when others do not.   I have frustrated others by insisting that I have faith that things will be as they should be in the world.  I always believe that there is a way to the dream.

From time to time I stand on the edge of losing this part of myself.  Things happen that cause me to think that things are too hopeless.  Sometimes I believe that my arms are too weary to try any further.  The issue is that I am no allowed to be that way.

I need to examine my foolishness.  I need to tilt at the windmill of my idealism.  Why am I a fool?  Why do I continue to believe when things look grim?  What good does it do?  Perhaps the answers lie in the question.  We will see.  Walk with me if you will Dear Reader.  I warn you, you will be mocked if you do.

The Impossible Dream – Man of La Mancha

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment