03 June 2015

Second Thoughts – The Batter Swings

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

When I attended my first minor league game of the year the temperature was in the forties.  I sat bundled in a winter coat whilst our local team played an excellent game.  I will take my Grandson’s to their first game of the season tomorrow night.

They love going to the games with me although they do not yet share my love for baseball.  That may come in time.   Amidst the changes occurring in my life baseball is a constant.  With its continuous binary moments baseball is constantly shifting and changing.  In that constant change is the stability of is the constant in the chaos.  Every choice yields either success of failure.  Every opportunity missed by one team is one gained by the other. 

The baseball diamond is a battlefield with no quarter or ties.  Somebody will win.  You do not need to win every skirmish to win the battle.  You do not need to win every battle to win the war.  You do have to keep moving forward.  Wins must outnumber losses.  The past is only standings and statistics.  It is the next moment that matters.  It is the continuous cycle of binary moments that carries one to the pennant.

I am supposed to live in every one of those moments choosing to have faith and follow.  Even when I am down in the count I am never down for the count.  I need to stay in box, focus, and wait for my pitch.  I don’t know when it is coming but I know that it will.  My job is to be ready.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment