25 December 2015

Meditations In the Christmas Story – Another Christmas Song – Closing Thoughts

Merry Christmas Dear Reader,

I was so filled with joy to see the awe in my Grandsons last night.   We had a good meal and good times.  This morning will be quiet and reflective.  Maxim and the boys are headed south to visit family.  Christmas and I will Christmas here and get the rest she needs and that I crave for a day. 

My thoughts are on Jesus more than presents.  I am thankful for those moments where his presence is obvious in my life.  I celebrate the times when I had to screw my faith to the sticking place.  Most of those times have been to act rather than believe. 

I have had a hard year which we will discuss later in the week.   Today, however, I am in mind of all the many blessings I have.  I have some new friends.  I have reconnected with some old ones.  I have so many things for which to be very thankful.

Today I am thankful for the Son.  He is so many things to me and the world needs those things so deeply.  The understanding of love, grace, and redemption are what drives me.  I must find ways to celebrate this birth daily by being good to others.  I must celebrate it daily by being an example of that love and grace. 

In the words of a reclaimed Ebenezer Scrooge, “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!”

My hope will always be the same.  I want to celebrate the birth with the Son.  I want us to gather and show our gratitude for his coming to be with us.  I want to honor his incarnation by looking into his eyes and offering my thanks.  Until then I wish to live every moment in that gratitude. 

Dear Reader long after the decorations are put away and the gifts are put to use or aside, I will be here.  I will still have a small Nativity on my desk.  I will still have a small Christmas tree on the shelf.  I will have the visage of Saint Nicholas there too.  I will be planning how will show the joy of Christmas in spring and summer.  I will be there to lovingly remind you that there is always time for another Christmas song. 

Another Christmas Song – Ian Anderson

Hope everybody's ringing on their own bell, this fine morning.
Hope everyone's connected to that long distance phone.
Old man, he's a mountain.
Old man, he's an island.
Old man, he's a-waking says
"I'm going to call, call all my children home."

Hope everybody's dancing to their own drum this fine morning ---
The beat of distant Africa or a Polish factory town.
Old man, he's calling for his supper.
He's calling for his whisky.
Calling for his sons and daughters, yeah ---
Calling, calling all his children round.

Sharp ears are tuned in to the drones and chanters warming.
Mist blowing round some headland, somewhere in your memory.
Everyone is from somewhere ---
Even if you've never been there.
So take a minute to remember the part of you
That might be the old man calling me.

How many wars you're fighting out there, this Christmas morning?
Maybe it's always time for another Christmas song.
Old man he's asleep now.
He's got appointments to keep now.
Dreaming of his sons and daughters, and proving ---
Proving that the blood is strong.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Meditations In the Christmas Story -

No comments:

Post a Comment