28 December 2015

Closing of the Year – Remembrances and Reminders

Greetings Dear Reader,

This has been a harder year than most.  There are some that have been harder.  I do not wish to sound like I am complaining.  The blessings still outweigh the pain but in reviewing the year I must acknowledge the pain. 

After living alone for a third of the year I know that I hate it.  I make the most of it and do my best to learn from it.  I use some of the time to reach out to others in need and that provides some solace.

It is the close of the day that is hard.  It is falling asleep alone that reveals the fears I have carried since childhood.  It drives me to the Father for comfort which is good.  It reminds me that it is not good for man to be alone.

I also remember some great moments that calm me.  I have done better this year at giving from the heart to the needs of others.  I am learning to listen to needs over words and that is precious to me.  I know that I am gifted at this and want to hone it to the benefit of others….

The Father is teaching me just how deeply mercy and grace can go in the life of another.   In choosing love over restitution I find that love grows deeper.  In choosing forgiveness over compensation I find that I am richer.  In choosing faith over what I see in front of me I am learning to follow more closely.

As I assess the year I find that I have learned.  I also find that I have more to learn.  I will stay put until I do so.  I will become more like that imagery that John gives of one driven by the Spirit.  I will hold the love the Father has told me to take up without hesitation.  It is his responsibility to heal me from the cost.

I have a tag given my by my dear friend Katie.  It simply says "Journey".   It reminds me that all of this is temporary and that I am headed somewhere.  What matters is how I journey.  What counts is what I leave in my path.  My guide is Christ and I must follow always.  I must not take anything here as permanent.  I must give all that I can to enhance the journeys of others.  I carry this tag always to remind me to journey; to follow.  

I will follow in faith.  I will take the bitter with the sweet and learn from both.  I will endeavor to give more than I take.    After all as the year closes I am closer to home and want to be more prepared for the reunion. 

Joy in the Journey – Michael Card

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey

And all those who seek it shall find it
A pardon for all who believe
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born of the Spirit
And who share incarnation with Him
Who belong to eternity stranded in time
And weary of struggling with sin

Forget not the hope that's before you
And never stop counting the cost
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment