31 December 2015

Closing of the Year – At Least I Bring You Hope

Greetings Dear Reader,

On this last day of 2015 I celebrate and anticipate.  My new book, Sheetrock On the Road is out.  My Grandsons seem to be enjoying their Christmas gifts.  I still have a few days of vacation left.  

All that has passed this year is just that.  It has passed.  Some of my losses have been small and negligible.  Others go to the center of who I am.  I lost a dear friend suddenly yesterday.  He was a good man and I will write more about him later after the dust settles. 

There have also been many blessings in the year.  I have done well at some of my goals and completed some projects that I listed last January.  I realize that in my major goal of showing the love of Christ to everyone I am improving but still have a great distance to travel. 

What I must constantly deal in is hope.  I cannot always comfort others.  I cannot always explain how life unfolds as it does for anyone including myself.  I can deal in hope.  I can assure others that I journey with them and there is a way out of the darkness. 

I must work harder to push the echoes of the Christmas bells further into the New Year.  I must count the blessings that I have.  I will seek to follow Christ more closely and hone my heart in love, mercy, kindness, and grace.  In this will I sustain my hope and share it with others.

As a final note for this year, I want you to know how much of a blessing you are Dear Reader.  I love and treasure you.  I leave you with this amazing piece of must to remind you that you matter.  If you find your hope wavering feel free to let me know.  I will try to help mend it.  Lori, please sing along with me.  The rest of you are welcome as well.

Closing of the Year – Wendy and Lisa

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious
Than the time we have, and so

We all must learn from small misfortunes
Count the blessings that are real
Let the Bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Let the Bells Ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Up on the knees of a Sergeant Major
Ride through the woods with the wind in your hair
Silver bells on a golden reindeer
As they race to the castle over there

If I cannot bring you comfort then at least I bring you hope

Now all the winter bells are ringing
Hear them echo through the snow
And the children’s' voices singing
On the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
And the truth is somewhere here
Within our love of people
At the closing of the year

We'll walk in the sun
With all of the faith
And all of the Patience
All of the way
With all of us right
And all of us saying
"No one an island"
We'll fly in the arms of time
Walk in the waves, never fall
Don't fall.....

At the closing of the year...
At the closing of the year!
If I cannot bring you comfort, then at least I bring you hope
Then at least I bring you hope.....

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment