01 June 2018

Fellow Travelers ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Imagine for a moment your deepest fear.  Whatever it is, I want you to know that I care.  Since I have brought thoughts of it to the surface, I feel it only just that I tell you mine.  I feel it when I touch my oldest memory.  I am immersed in it almost daily. 

Ever since I can remember, being alone, especially at night fills me with almost debilitating fear.  I manage it most of the time.  I have spoken with counselors about this over the years and nothing really helps.  We cannot get at the root of what causes it. 

I cope in both good and bad ways.  Lately I have been coping in some ways that are unwise.  I am not doing anything that is dangerous for me physically but I have been exerting more control and that is not healthy.  I am not sure how long I need to navigate this path but I know that I need to do so.

We have so many fellow travelers along the journey.  Some are closer than others.  Some get close enough to help.  We fall out of step with some whilst falling in step with others.  Our need is to do the most good we can for each other whilst we are in step.

There are fellow travelers I miss.  There may be travelers who miss me.  I know that I have developed specific thoughts about the journey, community, and our inter-dependence that I want to solidify into something that I can keep with me as I continue.

The source of this is dark but in it I am seeking light.  I could use your company Dear Reader.  As always, your thoughts and questions are welcome.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment