07 June 2018

Fellow Travelers ~ Walking not Standing


Greetings Dear Reader,

Traveling implies movement.  We are on a journey and we travel together for a day, a moment, or a lifetime.  What matters is not what we carry or the speed at which we travel.  What matters is how we treat each other along the journey.

Instead of treating each other with love and respect, we lie, harm, and avoid each other.  We stand where our hurts and offenses have stopped us instead of walking together.  We become cemented into ways of thinking and acting that reject those who would travel with us.  This is what destroys friendships and families.

My Grandfather used to often say, “You do what you believe.  Everything else is just talk.”  He would also remind me when I would boast about what I was going to do, “Well you have the talking part done.”  

When we fail to do right by those around us we stop traveling with them.  We put them in doubt of our value of them as fellow travelers.  I fail to travel “with” someone when I do not show him or her the love, loyalty, and kindness I am obligated to show.  I stand in my own opinions when I should be walking with someone; listening and caring. 

When we fail to care for each other we collect baggage that slows us down or even stops us altogether.  If we truly believe that we are meant to travel together and care for each other, then we must do so.  We must be walking and not just standing.  We are fettered to the future and, therefore, cannot afford to stand in the prison of the past.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment