26 June 2018

The Music Makes Me ~ When Sound is Light


Greetings Dear Reader,

There are dark times in our lives.  The darkness chases us always and sometimes overtakes us.  Too often it descends upon us unaware.  The music I have found that helps has become vital.

There are songs that help me work through anger.  Some help me emote that anger.  Some guide me back to calm so that I can deal with the anger properly.  Anger is not an emotion that I have difficulty touching but it sometimes gets the better of me.  I use music to guide my anger so that I do not do wrong.

Sorrow is harder for me to grasp.  It is there and harming me but I have more difficulty getting in touch with it.  The pain of that yields more difficulty in processing the sorrow.  Music and solitude can usually get me there.  Unfortunately, there are also times when the locked away sorrow and a song combine to emerge from me in a time and space not of my choosing. 

I was reminded of a song this morning by a friend.  It is one that plays in my head when I am in the dark and searching for a way out.  That is the searching that is the act of faith.  It is the seeking right even when I feel I have no light that is the key.  It is the pursuit of it that is required.

The way to find the way is remembering what the journey does.  It takes us home to a place we have never been before.   The joy in the journey is that hope.  Part of that hope is music in us to help us along the way.  Music is one of the lights I find in the darkness of my journey.  It is when sound become light for us.  When we are in the darkness we can sing together to light our way.

Joy in the Journey – Michael Card

There is a joy in the journey,
There’s a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
and freedom for those who obey.

And all those who seek it shall find it, a pardon for all who believe.
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born of the Spirit
And who share incarnation with him;
Who belong to eternity, stranded in time,
And weary of struggling with sin.

Forget not the hope that's before you,
And never stop counting the cost.
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost?

There is a joy in the journey,
There’s a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
And freedom for those who obey.
And freedom for those who obey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment