08 June 2018

Fellow Travelers ~ Where are We Headed


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am aware that all of you do not believe the same things that I believe.  It makes me grateful that you travel with me despite our differences.  I have said before that we are all on a journey back to God. 

Since I believe this is true of all of us, it becomes vital to understand how I treat my fellow travelers.  I am not sure what the clearing at the end of the path looks like. I am sure that when I get there I will have to account for how I treated my fellow travelers.  What I said and what I did will be measured as to their value.

This does not mean that I have to earn or merit my place with Christ.  That is not possible.  I am unable to earn redemption.  No one can earn redemption.  One cannot buy the love of someone who already loves completely and unconditionally.  It is just not possible.

We are headed to the end of things not being good.  We are unable to get there on our own.  We are supposed to help; each other get there.  This is accomplished by loving the one we follow and by loving our fellow travelers. 

Where we are headed does not tolerate hatred or evil.  It is good.  I must, therefore, be good.  I must live my love for Christ by loving my fellow travelers.  We carry a cross along the way but are promised joy at the end of the journey.  That has to be enough for me to keep traveling with others showing them love and compassion along the way.

Pilgrims to the City of God – Michael Card

Pilgrims of passion we follow the One
Who holds out a cross and a crown
We travel a dark road that has but one Light
For we have here no lasting town

Sometimes we run by the power of His might
On our own at the best we can plod
What we hopefully look for is just beyond sight
We are pilgrims to the city of God

The stigma of strangers lost in a strange land
In a fallen world that's not our home
But we are not just homeless prodigals here
Because we have someplace to go

Sometimes we run by the power of His might
On our own at the best we can plod
What we hopefully look for is just beyond sight
We are pilgrims to the city of God

Behold you have come to Mount Zion
The City of Great King
To thousands and thousands of angels who've come
Assembled to joyfully sing, they sing

And sometimes we run by the power of His might
On our own at the best we can plod
What we hopefully look for is just beyond sight
We are pilgrims to the city of God

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment