31 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

When it comes to gratitude, I could easily find something to write about every day.  Having done so for a month amidst life challenges that remain the same and a few unexpected ones, I am glad that I was focused on this aspect of following Christ.

For me it comes to trying to learn how to take every step in a spirit of humble gratitude.  I have a long way to go.  The journey is about learning these things.  It is vital for me to be grateful for all that I have and to be careful about what I have.  Possessions can make me less grateful.

As I have walked through my thoughts and questions about gratitude I have learned that I become more aware of how much more grateful I can be.  I am trying to cement the habit of being grateful for everything and abandoning being entitled to anything.  When one focuses on the surface expectations and entitlements the depth to which we need to abandon them becomes increasingly evident.

I must, therefore, strive to remember in every moment to walk in gratitude.  The cost of gratitude is smaller that one might think.  The expression of it can open doors and remove barriers.  It is easily fueled by remembering my first obligation to all humans.  Loving them will cause me to have gratitude.

Thank you, Dear Reader for walking patiently with me.  As I learn I hope to share with you things that ease your journey.  As always, your company is something for which I am increasingly grateful. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment