15 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – Who Am I to Christ - Fallen

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that sin is not a popular word anymore.  I think that the word is important although it communicates judgment rather than a state in which man exists.  When we focus on sin rather that SIN we do more damage than good. 

We share a common malady.  We have all fallen short of God’s standard for us.  I am not finger pointing at anyone.  There is no one who does not share this condition.  My aim is to worry about getting it right for me and hopefully setting a good example for others. 

The formula is simple.  I have not measured up to God’s standard.  I, therefore, am in a position where I cannot reach God on my own.  The incarnation of Christ is God coming to me to bridge the gap I have created.  I do not like the thought that I am in this position but that does not change the truth of it.

We cannot measure our situation by comparing it to anything that is lateral.  The standard is God’s perfection not that I am “better” than anyone else.  As I prepare for Advent I must remember that everyone is in need in this way.  I am not better than anyone else.  God loves us all and is calling us to himself.  Advent is the beginning of the visible aspect of that call.  I must celebrate with thoughts of the needs of others in my heart.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment