25 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What is my Obligation - Faith

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have written often about faith.  It is so important to preparing my heart for Advent.  Faith is the bedrock on which everything else is founded in following Christ.  I accept him by faith and I following in faith.  By faith I reach into the lives of others hoping that they will catch a glimpse of who Christ is through my acts of kindness.

If I do not approach the advent season in faith then I do not get the reason for the celebration.  Faith comes easy for me but I do not always put that faith to work when I should.  Everything I do must be grounded in faith.  Without it I cannot please God.  Without it I cannot live a just life. 

If I am to prepare my heart to celebrate the joy of Advent every day then I must do so in faith.  I must bend my will to belief that as things began they will unfold and end.  At one time all things were good.  The day is coming when they will be good again.  Until then I must believe.  I must walk in faith.  I must use that faith to believe for others.  It is my obligation to believe.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."



No comments:

Post a Comment