26 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What is my Obligation - Following

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that over the ages the world has gotten a skewed view of what God expects from us.  He wishes for us to follow.  He does not force us.  There is no demand there is only an invitation.  Once we agree to follow, however, it becomes an obligation.

I find this obligation one of joy.  Christ leads my places that are confusing, difficult, and challenging.  That does not mean that he is not there for me or that it is too hard.  I agreed to follow and when I fail to do so I should not be surprised when things do not go well. 

The journey of following is one to God and away from self.  It requires all that I am and ever hope to become as a man.  I must commerce kindness and grace.  I must be generous and patient.  I must put others first.  I must not judge. 

I cannot prepare my heart properly for advent without focusing on being kind, good, and generous to others.  I cannot be a follower without always acknowledging where the journey begins.  I must cast a wide net that accepts everyone.  I must treat everyone with respect and do all that I can to give them hope.

He calls me to follow and to lead others to him.  He asks that I follow in faith.  Christ promise to always be with me if I follow.  There is no better way to celebrate his Advent than by walking with him toward what is to come.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment