17 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – Who Am I to Christ - Redeemed

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I ponder who I am to Christ is light of the things have done in my life it amazes me.  Over the next two days I will discuss I something about this that is very theological but also very important.  Today, however, I want to look at redemption. 

We all know what it is to redeem something.  It is an exchange.  I redeem a coupon for a discount.  I exchange work for pay.  I exchange some of my life for the things that I wish to do. Christ has exchanged pain, suffering, and death for the redemption or reclamation of my soul.

So many things about life are an exchange.  This exchange, however, is so very one sided.  My failures and fallen soul get redemption through Christ by an act of faith.  I accept what he has already done for me.  I exchange faith for redemption.  It saddens me that others make this so much more complicated than it is.

As I approach Advent I consider all the small acts of faith that are necessary just to get to the stable in Bethlehem.  Mary has to have faith.  Joseph refused to have faith until an angel intervened.  The Magi moved in faith.

This year as I move toward this celebration I want to do so with deeper faith.  It is what will carry me.  It is what will sustain me.  If I do not move toward this in faith then I will not move toward it at all.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment