28 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – A Day for Giving Thanks

Greetings Dear Reader,

Let me get the unpleasant part out of the way.  I am offended that merchants feel they need to separate people from their families in order to make a little more money eight hours sooner.  I refuse to participate, now on to the good stuff.

First let me say that I have far too much to be thankful for to properly cover it in this blog post.  In preparing my heart for Advent I assure that I show that any moment that I can.  We have lost our sense of gratitude. I have so much more than most of the world. 

I have the luxury of having things I never touch.  I am purging most of them but it is still true.  I have things and time for leisure when others must work every waking moment just to survive.  I have the luxury of hobbies.

I have a warm and safe home.  I have family and friends to share it with.  I have children who will still tell me when they need something.  They love me and show it often.  I have a creative mind that still works most days.  I have a passion for things that matter.  I have faith.  The church I attend feeds my spirit and does real work in the real world to make a difference. 

I wish to go on and on.  I am filled with a spirit of gratitude today and yearn to unleash a joyful spirit upon the world.  As I move toward my Advent celebration I hope to hold in mind every day all the blessings that are mine.  I love and cherish you Dear Reader.  I am thankful for your patronage.  Please have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment