09 November 2013

Second Thoughts - How to Pee Pee on the Potty

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I have the lovely privilege of having my Grandsons for the night.  The eldest is now using the potty and he had instructions for me that I had to follow.  Remember that he is three years old and very precocious.  I am doing my best to relay them word for word.

  1. The potty must be put in the bathroom.
  2. You have to leave the bathroom light on all the time.
  3. You have to take your pants and underwear and socks all the way off to use the potty. (I was informed of this one whilst trying to rush to the potty in time)
  4. You have to empty the potty right away so it turns the water yellow and you can flush it.
  5. You can’t flush it until the water is yellow because you will lose the water.
  6. If you use the potty at the mall you have to use the family one but it is a little too big.
  7. When you put the potty in the car you have to put it where the owner of the potty can see it.
  8. You have to dance around after you pee before you can put you socks, underwear, and pants back on.
  9. You get jelly beans if you pee pee and carrot cake if you poo poo on the potty,

There is neither room for interpretation nor compromise in these rules.  I did successfully get him to leave his pants on by suggesting that we could leave to play more quickly if it were thus. 

I wonder how often I think things MUST be a certain way because that is how I understand them.  I know I can be stubborn and at times even hard headed.  I think that God must often laugh at my rules for things that I am just too involved in to see from another angle.  I am sure I am dancing around at times anxious to get to the thing when I should be less worried about the method and more concerned about the outcome.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me SO HAPPY. and want to eat some carrot cake. I love how you can pull a lesson from normal life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. It is so sweet. I am happy that you are blessed with their presence in your life.
    😊💗

    ReplyDelete