30 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – My First Celebration

Greetings Dear Reader,

I will be brief today.  This is the day I will decorate my home for Christmas.  My heart is filled with joy and wonder as it always is this time of year.  I was at my Son, Maxim’s home last night and watched my Grandsons show their excitement the tree and lights.

Today will be busy and this evening I will rest in the light of my own tree and watch one of my favorite Christmas movies.  In the quiet of the evening I will ponder all that Christ has for me and all that is already mine as his follower.

I will begin to hum Christmas songs everywhere I go and will look for opportunities to help harried shoppers.  I will strive to keep Christmas in my heart every day.  This part of the journey restores my soul. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. You know I don't know what your favorite Christmas movies are! Please share :). I hope you've experienced the joy of helping many shoppers and have some lovely conversations as a result of your humming.

    ReplyDelete