21 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What do I have – Gifts to Serve

Greetings Dear Reader,

Again I do not think that this is the place for a discussion on spiritual gifts but I must take time to appreciate their place in my journey toward Advent.  It would seem enough that God gives us his Spirit to help us do the things he requires of us. 

We are all provided gifts, abilities, and talents.  I know that I do not use all of mine to the capacity that I could and that troubles me.  It also means that I am not following as closely as I could.  That troubles me as well.

If I am to properly celebrate then I must be able to do so knowing that I am giving my best in the areas I am asked to give.  I am inventorying that things that I do well and pondering whether I do them to the best of my ability.  It is my obligation to use all that I am for the furtherance of the Gospel.  If I neglect any one area then I am not caring for what I have been given well.

I must use my gifts with purpose and care.  I must be aware of when and where who I am is of value to the journey of others.  I must be willing to give and available to do so.  After all, mankind is my business if I am to follow Christ well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment