20 November 2013

Preparing for Advent – What do I have – The Holy Spirit

Greetings Dear Reader,

This may seem obvious but it is not something on which I focus often enough.  I am not going to attempt to explain the Holy Spirit here.  My friend Donald Williams has done that quite well in his writing on the subject.  Feel free to click on his name and buy his book.  It is worth it.

I do, however, think it is important to note that as the result of my faith in Christ I have the help of the Holy Spirit to give me the power to live my standing despite my state.  I can live as a Christ follower because of the gift of God’s Spirit to allow me to both will and to do what God wishes.

The only reason that I struggle with sin is because of this.  If it were not for the influence of the Spirit I would not struggle but rather always give in to sin.  As I prepare to celebrate Advent I must ponder the gift that Christ has left for us.  He gave us this Spirit to allow us to have help in our need to faithfully follow.

I said earlier that Christ promised to be always with us.  This is a large part of the fulfillment of that promise.  I cannot properly celebrate the Advent of Christ without honoring the gifts given by his grace.  If I am to follow then I must walk in the Spirit as he leads.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment