11 January 2014

Second Thoughts – A Child’s Heart

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I was privileged to spend some time with my Son, my Daughter-in-Law, and my Grandsons tonight.  At one point my eldest Grandson (3) was sharing markers with the younger Grandson (1 ½)  as they were drawing pictures.  The eldest wanted to use one of the markers that the younger had in his hand. He tried to trade with his brother but the child refused.

When his mom suggested that he wait the elder brother did just that.  I have a thing I do with him when he does something very good.  I give him a “Time In”.  I called him over to me and gave him a big hug and thanked him for listening to him mum and being good to his brother.  He responded by being even kinder to his brother.   

You could see in his heart the delight in being honored for doing well.  I found that I was silently praying that he never loses that feeling. How much do we need to be reminded that when we do well our Father in heaven sees it and delights in us?  I know that sometimes I become weary of choosing to do what is right.

I find that sometimes I feel that others do not see the good I do then I am reminded that the love of the Father for what I do is enough.  It is enough to know that he is pleased.  I must learn to live every moment knowing that the joy in my Father’s heart is enough.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment